nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Friday, February 3, 2006

about me......

It's pronounced Y-anne...not Wayne. My brother who was in college when I was
adopted, came up with it. His name is Wayne. I used not to like it so much...but later in life I thought it was a pretty cool name for an artist.

I create art every day. That's just what I do...I don't think I could do anything else. I used to live in the very busy, hectic city of Atlanta...but I found the studio of my dreams in the historic district of Fernandina Beach and moved to paradise.

Now I paint, sculpt, and make jewelry. For over a decade, I have sold my work online
to clients all over the world. I also teach online art classes, and have had art published in publications and web sites.

I love all things vintage and have a little yellow bird named LaLa, a teacup poodle named Olivia, and a lovable mutt named Roo. But, my greatest love and accomplishment is my family. My life partner, Danny has encouraged my artist pursuits and put up with my daily art mess for 22 years. We are blessed with a whimsical, free spirited, 8 year-old daughter, and a quiet, reserved, artistic, 15 year old son.

My paintings are greatly influenced by my life. Certain events from my childhood or present day life always find their way into my paintings. Each painting represents emotions and events in my life. I try to recreate these within a beautiful, storylike vision. I hope others are attracted to the beauty of the paintings and then are able to find their own personal stories within the work.

Love,

WyannePin It