nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Friday, September 7, 2007

Another Cute House Fairy Painting

"House Fairy"
mixed media on wood

This is another fairy from my "House Fairy" series. The painting is currently up for auction on eBay. Click here to go there now! This was has a fabulous cat joining her! She is the "Love House Fairy". This piece incorporates watercolor, acrylic, photos, vintage ephemera, preserved botanicals and more. I used a new product called 7 Gypsies Walnut Ink. It darkened the wings and added a few age spots here and there. Here's a photo of the product.
It's a small bottle, which retails for around 4.95. You mix it with water, so it goes a long way. I tried it on several types of paper and cardboard besides what was used in this painting. And overall, I wasn't that impressed. You could easily get the same effect by mixing a fluid brown acrylic or watercolor with water, and staining that way. I guess it's a good product for scrapbookers, etc. But, for an artist that works with traditional fine art materials everyday, you can come up with your own substitute. So, I say...save the $4.95 and go to Starbucks.Pin It