nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Friday, September 7, 2007

A glimpse of the New Work


I wanted to share my new work in progress. I've been taking Svaroopa yoga, and it has an extensive meditation at the beginning and end of the sessions. I found that at the end of the session, I meditate about my artwork. I'm very relaxed and it allows me to really explore what direction I want to go with the work. It's almost as if I can travel through the painting. It reminds me of the Robin Williams movie, What Dreams May Come".



It's causing me to stretch my creativity in a lot of ways. It's helping me to rediscover my different loves in art and combine them into a single creation. I'm very excited about it. So, yesterday I started working on the new claybord panels from Jerry's Artarama. This is the background watercolor on the board. I'm very happy with the way it's coming out. One of the best things about these boards is the fact that they are 2" deep. The claybord is cradled with 2" strips of wood. It's a solid well constructed piece.



After completing the background, I'm adding beads. I know it looks like a gloppy mess right now. These are tiny seed beads, that I'm hoping will add another dimension and interest to the work. Even though it looks rather strange, and I'm trying not to panic that I might have made a mistake with the beads....I'm going with it. I think it's going to turn out really good in the end.

More tomorrow.Pin It