nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Revisiting...

Yesterday, I bought a few things at Lowes to try in jewelry...yes, the hardware store. I'll have more on that soon. Anyway, the new pieces required me to unpack the box that contained serious tools, and stuff for my jewelry bench. In that box, I found another box of items that I had scrapped because they weren't turning out like I wanted at the time. I found this necklace in there. It's probably been 3 years since I soldered it. What's really wonderful is it had developed the best patina from storage! So, I picked it up again and started setting stones in it with the patina just the way it is. It's coming along nicely. So, let that be a lesson to hang onto things you create, even if you hate them at the time. It's amazing as artists how hard we are on ourselves at times.
Pin It