nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What's in the Studio now...


I just finished this cat angel painting a few minutes ago. I still have to put the final varnish and paint the sides of the canvas. We have a lot of stray cats in the downtown here around my studio. I've gotten to know most of them, but they won't let you close to them. They like to sleep under my car while I'm at the studio. There is a great rescue organization here on the Island, Cat Angels . I think they've fixed most of them. This painting is about a different kitty, not one that I had seen before or since. I saw him in the flowers one day. It was a really bright sunny day and I just glanced and saw him...then he was gone. I'm sure he was a kitty angel.

The painting is mixed media on canvas. I used acrylic, watercolor, pencil, crayons, and torn papers. His wings are from a vintage French newspaper. I'm pretty pleased with how he came out. He'll be on eBay soon.

I also have this huge Big Diva mermaid painting that I'm working on. She is acrylic on canvas. Yes, I still have boxes to unpack, as you can see in the picture. I think there are 4 left...and I just can't find the time to unpack them! I hate moving. So, I just keep fishing things out of them as I need them.

I also have 3 other smaller canvas that I started the backgrounds for. Actually, there were 4 in the beginning, but one became the cat painting. I like to start out with several smaller canvas and work on the backgrounds. One of the canvas usually starts developing faster than the rest, so I put the others to the side. I know a lot of artists work on several paintings at once, but I'm not very good at it. As a child, I always ate one thing at a time on my dinner plate...kinda the same concept.

Well, that's a sneak peak into the studio this week. I also have some awesome jewelry, but ended up taking them

home to work on. Danny left for Atlanta yesterday after a short weekend trip to see us. He'll be in Atlanta 17 days straight because of the wine festival, Wine South. So, I took the jewelry home to work on after I put the kids to bed. I think you'll really like it. Lots of insects, fairies and eclectic work...I'm very excited about them.

Back to work.Pin It