nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Creative Every Day Challenge Day 11

I finished this painting today. Oh...how I am loving my work again! This is my "Treasure Angel". She is about accepting yourself as the treasure that you are always searching for. She is about loving yourself and letting yourself be loved. These messages are handwritten throughout the painting.

"You are the treasure. Give your heart. Believe in you"

"It's okay to let go."

"I love you."

"You are loved."

The butterfly is taking the ribbon out of her hair. The ribbon is painted but loops through the "I love you" note and becomes actually silk ribbon.

Here are some details of the painting. You can click on them, or the one above and see them larger. You'll have to use your back button to get back here.


I decided to make another challenge for myself personally. One to finally get me through my fears of creating, my new studio, living in a new place, being accepted, etc. And that is to have a show in 1 month to debut my work in the new studio. I've been putting it off for a long time, with lots of excuses, but mostly fears. So, I'm going to be creating like a mad woman for the next few weeks. So, in honor of this challenge...I framed and hung the "Treasure Angel" as a beginning. Here's how she looks now on display.

So, that's one small step. Then, I also made a sign to hang in the window of my door. That was a huge step for me. It's been so easy for me to "hide" upstairs in my studio, and only have visitors of the mailman and UPS. So...now it's official, people will be able to find me.

So, tomorrow I promise to hang it. I'll even take pictures for you. I'm also hanging the "Believe Angel" from day 10, at the foot of the staircase. It's a really scary time for me. But, I know I can do it. Thank you for all your love and support through the comments you leave for me. I really, really appreciate all your support.Pin It