nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Creative Every Day Challenge Day 2 & 3

For the Creative Every Day Challenge today...it will be a double posting for Day 2 and 3. For the second day, I spent a tiny amount of time on a new drawing for the Gocco printer. The rest of the time was spent at the Hair Salon recreating me. I got a new "do" and awesome color from Tracey at Magna's Salon...plus some great new Aveda lipstick...but I digress....

Anyway, after having so much fun with the success of finally using the Gocco printer on Day 1. I decided to try a new drawing in reverse. So, what would be normally the line drawing in black, it is white instead. I took apart an old book, and printed on the pages. I really liked the way the text showed through on some of the white areas, and the aging brown of the pages. I was able to make an edition of 60 prints. Since the Gocco is handprinted through the mesh screen, each comes out unique with it's own quirky characteristics. I took the finished prints and mounted them with black photo corners on black cardstock. Each is signed, titled, and numbered. I also started a new journal for each of the new prints that I do...a portfolio of sorts....just for me. :)

Here's how the finished print looks....They are also available in my Etsy store. Please let me know how you like them.



Pin It