nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Monday, May 5, 2008

while the cat's away...the mice will play...


Wine Husband left to go back to Atlanta for a week. As many of you know...I tend to "play" when he's gone. No...no...no...nothing like that.... Shame on you...

I paint and play and stay up to all hours of the night. I'm not allowed to do that when he's in town because he makes sure I take care of myself. Such a good guy. I have to take time off, go to bed at a reasonable hour, and eat all my veggies.

But, last night after kids were tucked away. I played around with this painting. It's on wood. The bird is a really cool image transfer process. You use gel medium...gloss works the best. I drew the bird lightly in pencil, then covered the entire area with gel medium. Then I took my paper with the image I wanted to transfer and laid it onto of the medium. I burnished it down for about 1-2 minutes. Then I took water and covered the paper entirely. After letting it soak in a little, I used my finger to start gently rubbing away the paper. The image is left on the wood. Too cool. I like the look of it because it looks collaged but without the bulk of an added paper. One part didn't transfer, and I got a distressed area in the neck area...but it was a Happy Mistake....I love those....

Also cool was the birds eye is the knot in the wood. Fun...fun...fun...playing all the time.

She's over at Etsy if you want to check it out. Now, I must go be a responsible adult and answer email and pack up shipments......But tonight I shall play again....

Love,
WyannePin It