nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

the art play class...


I've gotten a lot of questions about the online Art Play class...what it's all about and what type of supplies will be needed. So, over coffee this morning...I will try to explain it. This class is probably going to be a lot different than other classes. Because it's a pLaY class! I love for my friends to come by the studio and hang out for a play date. We drag out all our supplies and just have fun. There are no rules, no expectations...just lots of fun and learning. It will be just like you were hanging out in the studio with me.

I'll be giving you 2 to 3 videos a week. The videos will have lots of techniques, new mediums I'm playing around with and a guest artist demo. And, at the end of the 4 weeks...I will send you a DVD of all the videos. So you can go back and play any time you want! You'll be able to post your work and progress on our private blog. I'll answer questions, make suggestions, and you'll be encouraged to do the same. There is no formal supply list. I'll be using basic supplies like acrylic and watercolor paint, and canvas, paper and wood. I'm going to show you how to use a lot of ordinary supplies from around your house. And I'll also show you techniques with more sophisticated art supplies, like Golden products. I don't want you to run out and feel like you have to buy a bunch of supplies. I want you to watch the videos and decide what techniques are a good fit for you. Some might get you really jazzed up...and others you might have seen before. Take what you want to experiment with...and play. Make up your own techniques! Make art without expectations...just for the fun and love of it. When you do...you'll be amazed at how much you learn and grow as an artist. And you know what....even though I've been doing this for a long time...I still learn from everyone else.

The August 18th Art Play class is full. But, the same class will repeat on Sept. 15th and there are still spots in that class. Here's a link to all the class info. Wyanne's online classes The art play class info is at the bottom of the page.

So I hope that answers your questions. Email me or leave a comment if you have questions.

Love,
WyannePin It