nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Friday, November 21, 2008

don't forget....you're always on the right track

Well, I survived move #1...my studio. Now, I'm involved in move #2. My house. After we started moving my studio, it became very apparent that we were going to need a much bigger home than our beach house. While this was a extremely hard decision to leave the ocean...it had to be done. Being, a typical Pisces, I long to be close to the water. We found a gorgeous home on the marsh...but for some odd reason, it didn't have a bathtub in the master bedroom. This was the deal breaker for me. I have to have my long meditative soaks for sanity reasons. So, we continued our search. We came across a pretty house in a nice quiet neighborhood, less than a mile and a half away from the beach house. It had lots of room, a big garden tub, and a secret huge room upstairs that was destined to be Wyanne's home studio. We met the neighbor next door, and it was clear to me...that this was where I was supposed to be. She was an artist also, and a positive kindred spirit whose inner light radiates all the time. I knew it was home.

It's funny how sometimes you just know something is right...without any doubts. The Universe sends you such clear signals. Yet, other times...it takes you a little more time to realize something was meant to be. Everyone has been so concerned about me leaving my big gorgeous loft studio....and I have to admit, I was a little concerned at first. But, the Universe knew what it was doing. You see...when I first visited this Island back in 2006....one of the 1st places I visited was the Blue Door Artists. I was mesmerized by the quality of artwork produced there and the highly creative environment that the artists shared. I thought about moving here, and becoming one of the Blue Door Artists. But, self doubt, ability to play well with others, and too much possible drama fears, got in the way. I let the thought go. When we did decide to move here in 2007, I didn't even pursue it. But, the Universe didn't forget...and eventually got me where I originally hoped to be. Even though, I had temporarily forgotten. Now, I'm really proud to say I am one of those Blue Door Artists.

I used to wake up every morning and look at the ocean. It was quite magnificent, and just what the doctor ordered to de-stress our crazy previous life in Atlanta. I thought I would miss it...but I really don't. I wake up now and see this amazing tree outside my window. It has jagged branches, that jut out every sort of way, and secret little hollows. It's lightly kissed with Spanish moss and reaches tall up to the heavens. I've spent more time looking at that tree every morning than I ever did the Ocean. I couldn't figure out why....and then I realized that it reminded me of my summers spent in Savannah as a child. My Grandmother's backyard was filled with the same types of trees and spanish moss. I thought it was beautiful then...I wanted a backyard just like that one day. I grew up, my life took many twists and turns...just like those tree branches, and I forgot. Luckily, the Universe didn't.

Love to all from my new home,
WyannePin It