nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Sunday, February 8, 2009

making a little time to say hello


You are The Empress

Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.

The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents,
beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home
decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.

The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.

**************

I found this quiz on GreedyNan's blog. It was fun. Now, I know I should have been doing other things like answering the 65 emails piled up in my box...or doing laundry... But, I decided to have a little fun. Remember, I am learning to say no more, and take care of me. :) You can find the quiz here.

On other news....I'm doing so much better! I feel 110% better...just from vitamins and supplements! I have to take about 20 a day that the doctor recommended...but it's worth it. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes....they really meant a lot.

I finished a new painting on wood, and am editing a new video for you. I hope to have it finished in the next couple of days. And I have a new online class tutorial in the works. But, don't worry...I'm taking it slow. :)

And TOMORROW is an important day. My 14 year old, Luke goes for his audition at Douglas Anderson School of the Arts. It is a magnet high school in Jacksonville that focuses on the Arts! How cool is that! He is auditioning for the visual arts program. He has his portfolio ready. But he also has to sketch a 18" x 24" still life that they set up...and write a short essay on a work of art. It's an amazing opportunity for him. I'll keep you posted.

I think Logan will also be following in Luke's footsteps. Here she is at Christmas, with her new digital camera. Now it's February, and she's ready for her own video camera.

more soon....

Love,

Wyanne


Pin It