nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

new painting update and it rained all day and night....

I wanted to keep you updated on the progress of the new painting, but it has become increasingly difficult the past few days. We've had company in town...Logan had a workshop on Saturday (more on this later)...the weather has been bad since Sunday...and today my brother in law is having surgery for a brain tumor, as I write this. So, I hope you understand, and please say a little prayer for my brother in law.
Monday, I was able to steal an hour or so at the studio. I added some more darks to the bottom half. Then the UPS guy interrupted me. I love the UPS guy. You know it's something good when he comes to your door. And my UPS guy is really cute too...double bonus! He brought my long awaited new paint! I've been wanting to try it for a long time. Finally Jerry's Artarama had a sale, and I splurged. The paint is Turner's Acryl Gouache. It is a opaque watercolor that drys water resistent, like acrylic paint. This is a big plus for me...because so often I use watercolor and acrylic paints together. I end up having to spray fix the watercolor so it doesn't smear later. With these paints, I can still get the watercolor effect, without having to stop and use the toxic fixative. I was a little concerned because they are in a much smaller tube than acrylic paint. But, a little goes a long way. These also dry matte and are great on wood! The list price is around $6.95-$9.95 for a 20 ml tube, but Jerry's has a sale right now!
The new paint is great for shading. I darkened her legs and stomach, and all the plants. I also collaged her bikini with an image transfer...so there i no raised edge from the paper. Today, I've got to resolve her dress...and I'm not sure what to do yet. Sorry about the not so great pictures. The light has been bad from the storms and I'm using my iphone camera.
And it's still raining today. Ugh.... We've not seen the sun since Sunday...very unusual for us in sunny Florida! I've heard it's supposed to be this way for the rest of the week. :(

More later.
Love,
WyannePin It