nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New work in progress


This is a little new for me. Technology has made it possible for me to post to the blog from my phone, and watch American Idol (go Adam!). How cool is that! So I thought I would share what I worked on today.



This is a rather large piece for me. It is 24" x 36" on wood. In my latest work, I've been experimenting with transparent and opaque acrylic and gouache paints. I want the wood grain to show through in places, and for the overall appearance to be very matte. And if you can't make it out...the painting is a girl sitting in the ocean with an octopus giving her a pearl. I've got a lot more work to do on it, but was pleased with the progress that I accomplished in a few hours at the studio today...interruptions and all. I'll post more as it develops and changes this week.

Love,
Wyanne
-- Post From My iPhone
Pin It