nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Thursday, October 1, 2009

she has the magic............

"She Has the Magic"
acrylic on wood
24" x 24"


Recently, a close friend reminded me that I had not posted to my blog since August 2. I thought it wasn't possible....but it was. I was shocked.

There are many reasons why....but to sum it up in one word....I would say....transition - a : passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another : change b : a movement, development, or evolution from one form, stage, or style to another

I'm not very fond of the word...because at times it can be very scary...but it best describes my life right now. I won't bore you with all the details at this time.

But, you might have even noticed some transition in my artwork lately. A well respected gallery told me that my paintings were merely "pretty pictures". At first, one might think that would be a compliment...but it wasn't. They wanted the paintings to feel more emotion and reveal my secrets in an obscure way. This was really tough to accept at first...yet, after some careful thought..... I totally became fascinated with the possibilities.

When you are going through transition....whether it's good, bad or a combination of both....generally, there are a lot of road bumps. Too often we forget to use our talents to heal ourselves...we get so caught up in "painting a pretty picture" on the surface so no one will see our troubles. And when you create art every day...it become very easy to stay in your own comfort zone. But, what happens when you break out of your comfortable place....

the unknown is scary.........

I love Notes from the Universe by Mike Dooley. The notes are sent to your email box every day from the Universe. This one arrived for me:

 All you have to do, Wyanne, is think about what you want often enough that you start talking about it and moving with it, even if you have to fake it.

Wyanne, your job is simple. Even if you only "attempt" to do it, you will have done it. The slightest effort on your side is leveraged 10,000 times on my side. A nod, a wink, a whisper are sometimes all I need; a demonstration that breaks the ice, beginning a domino effect of happy "accidents" and "coincidences."

If you do this, I'll do the rest. It is that easy. I am that powerful. Life is that magical.

Thinking of your smile,
The Universe


I have a huge challenge in front of me. By this time next year...I will be in that gallery. And in 2011...I'll be in.......

you'll have to watch the video for a hint..........




I hope you'll join me in my transitional journey. I know it's going to be the highest of highs and sometimes the lowest of lows. But, you and I are magical....and together....it will happen. Thank you for that.

Much love,
Wyanne
Pin It