nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Saturday, January 2, 2010

art miami......

Last month, I was able to travel to Miami for Art Basel. It is considered to be the most important art show in the United States. This is the second year that I've attended, and I can see why many think this. Words cannot describe it. For me personally...it is the holy grail. Art Basel hosts over 250 galleries from around the world, each showing their best art. But, during the same weekend there are 13 other satellite art fairs exhibiting more than 75 galleries each . It is art overload, and art heaven. This year, my favorite was Art Miami. It was a 80,000+ square foot state of the art pavilion. It housed approximately 84 galleries. Here are some of my favorite works:


Artist: Salustiano
Natural pigments on canvas
Gallery: Leonhard Ruethmueller Contemporary Art
Basel, Switzerland
Artist: Kate Clark
Antelope Fur, Antlers, Clay, and Mixed Media
Gallery: Claire Oliver, New York

Artist: Chris Reilly
Encaustic, pigment print on birch plywood panel
Gallery: Scott White Contemporary Art
San Diego, CA

So those are just a few of the wonderful works of art that I discovered. I'll try to post more later. If you ever have an opportunity to go to Miami for Art Basel....I highly recommend it. It is amazing...but be sure to where good walking shoes! It took 2 weeks for my feet to recover!

Love,
Wyanne
Pin It