nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

from within.....


"From Within"
mixed media on wood
10" x 16"

This would probably have to be my favorite painting that I've done in a long time. But, most artists say that about their latest work...but for me this one is special. It represents a decade of practicing and learning new techniques. It's the first painting that I feel truly encompasses those techniques and my personal vision. It's like finally figuring out the Rubik's Cube! I've had all these things in my mind for so long, but had never had the knowledge, courage, or skill to make it all happen the way that I wanted. I'd get bits and pieces here and there...but not the whole enchilada! I am very inspired and crazy motivated now.

What a way to start the new year!

Here's a video of the painting process:


doing a happy dance folks!
love,
Wyanne

PS. Sorry about not making the New Year's resolution about blogging everyday. But, I promise to keep you up to date a few times a week instead. Painting every DAY is much more important. :) Don't you agree?Pin It