nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Letting Go

"Letting Go"
Mixed Media with Resin
12" x 12"

"Letting Go" is  my newest piece.  It is acrylic on watercolor paper.  I mounted the watercolor paper to a cradled wood canvas, and then applied a resin finish.  I originally had intended the piece to be a very purple, dark and Gothic.  But, I allowed myself to play and have fun with the colors and I'm very pleased with how it came out.  I like it much more than the painting I had envisioned in my head before I started.  It is much more complex and interesting.  This is a topic that we have been talking a lot about in the Paint Free Class.  It's very important to let go of preconceived ideas, and allow the sheer fun of creating to take your work, to new places. 

Here's the new video:

 

This painting is part of my show next month at Blu in Jacksonville.  October is going to be very hectic.  Not only do I have the show to prepare for, but also the 1st session of my "Paint Free" class will be coming to a close.  The second one starts Oct. 25th.  And the long awaited, Mixed Media Resin class starts next week.  And yes, there are spaces still available in both classes.  So, please bear with me if my posts are a little short and infrequent.  It is my crunch time...and rather than complain, stress or procrastinate...I'm just letting go and enjoying the ride.  Because, honestly....I thrive on being this busy.

See you soon.

Love,
Wyanne
Pin It