nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Head First


"Head First"
mixed media on canvas
24" x 24"

Where did the summer go?  Actually, where did the last 17 years go?  This past weekend I toured a University campus with my son.  I can't believe he'll be off to college in a year!  Where did all that time go?

Of course, this all reminded me that life is too short.  And it also reminded me that I need to get off my fanny and create a lot more!  I haven't even begun to touch the surface with everything that I want to do!  

While we were on the tour, a professor of art & design at the University said that "inspiration never comes in the studio".  I don't agree with that.  Perhaps it's because he is a professor of computer animation and game art...and his studio is a computer.  My studio is where I have the most inspiration...as long as I'm playing and having fun.  But, how much time do we waste just sitting around waiting for inspiration to happen before we ever dig out our paints or supplies?  We should play, have fun and stop thinking that every creation has to be a masterpiece! Just get busy!!!!

Here's the new video of the painting:




I've also decided to spend more time creating jewelry again.  It's my other passion.  I just finished this gorgeous turquoise necklace.



It can be found in my other Etsy shop for jewelry.  I'll be adding a lot more to it soon.

But, don't worry....I still have time for teaching classes...

Go create...what are you waiting for?

Love,
Wyanne

Pin It