nav

HOME  BLOG   CLASSES   ETSY   YOUTUBE

Friday, January 1, 2010

it's a new year.......


It's a new year...filled with new beginnings. 2009 was quite a year for me, filled with ups and downs. I learned a lot. Not only with my art, but in all aspects of my life. In fact, it felt like boot camp for "Wyanne's life"....an intense 52 week program. Am I a better person for it? Yes. I'm stronger, wiser, and have resolved not to live my life on auto pilot anymore. But, I'm anxious to put this new found knowledge to work on a day to day basis.

I had to decline New Year's Eve festivities to move my studio....yet...again. The cute pink cottage wasn't working out. I had hoped to move or expand into a new Blue Door studio with a window...but that didn't happen either. I had to make the decision to move the studio to an entirely new location, or back home. Over the holidays, I weighed my options. It would be very easy to move into a bright new space...possibly bigger or better than I had in the past. Or I could move my studio back home...where I was faced with downsizing supplies, heavy organizing and a lot of work. Over the past year, I learned, new is not necessarily better. The cute pink cottage looked great on the outside, but after working there a few months, I realized it wasn't everything I had expected. If I chose a new space....I'd likely have the same problems arise. So, I decided to bite the bullet...do the work, and make it work at home and at Blue Door.

I have spent the past few days, moving, organizing, clearing and cleaning. It was difficult. I had lots of help. Luke helped pack and organize...and Danny rescued me by handling all the really difficult tasks. But we managed to make it work, and fit my studio comfortably into a small room in my house. And you know what....it was so worth it. I sit here and type this in my new/old home studio....where everything is organized, comfy, and familiar. Logan and her best friend run and laugh just outside the door...Luke is gaming upstairs...Danny is working in his home office next to mine, and the dogs lie at my feet. I'm inspired, I'm excited...I am ready to create...because there really is no place like home.

Happy New Year!

Love,
Wyanne
PS...my new year's resolution...to blog every day. Hold me to it. Even if it's just two sentences or a photo of work in progress.

PSS. Tut.com sent me this video. It has a great message. I hope you enjoy it.

Pin It